We read some amazing weird and wonderful stories for this month’s METAMORPHOSIS micro comp and have enjoyed them all.
In a competition judging first in the history of the comp, our panel unanimously agreed on the stories in first and second place! And the People’s Prize voting generated a resounding winner.
Well done to all who were shortlisted and congratulations to our winners!
- A Change of Heart by Jennifer Battisti
- Bin Day by P J Stephenson
- Domestic Appliance by S. A. Greene
- Holometabolous by Eleonora Balsano
- Me and You by Frances Gapper
- Paper Bird by E.E. Rhodes
- Sad Song of the Backwards Selkie by Becky Tipper
- The Swan Song by Alan Kennedy
- The Year of Solitude by Salena Casha
- Username: Butterfly by Karen Walker
First Prize Winner: Holometabolous by Eleonora Balsano
We loved the format, the language and the tone of this moving story of a failed mother/daughter relationship that captures a lifetime in so few words.
Second Prize Winner: Username: Butterfly by Karen Walker
We loved the soundscape, the lighthearted tone and the narrator’s determination to be as free as a butterfly!
People’s Prize Winner: Domestic Appliance by S. A. Greene
Many congratulations to all!
Eleonora wins £214 and Karen wins £143.
For the People’s Prize, S. A. wins a bundle of 3 paperbacks of her choice published by us!
We’ll be back on 7th June with next month’s prompt!