After a brilliant year with us, sadly Emma can no longer run our Twitter account. We loved having her and will miss her and all her great ideas – she’s the brains behind the new Retreat West Awards and the Flashback Friday revisit of our older stories, among other things. Thanks for everything Emma – we’ll miss you!
So we now have a volunteer role available to take Emma’s place. As well as running the Twitter page, so you’ll need to Twitter savvy and love spending time there, you’ll also get to learn loads about writing through the great stuff we’ll give you in return!
You’ll need to:
- Schedule and post Tweets to share our news and let people know about our community, our courses and our competitions.
- Share other people’s Tweets from the writing community and our members’ news.
- Start conversations and keep them going.
- Respond to messages and replies.
- Run the #retweetwest Wednesday hashtag to share positive news.
- Choose stories to feature for #FlashbackFriday.
If you also want to suggest new ideas then we love hearing them!
In return for your help, you’ll get:
- Membership to our friendly and lively online community which includes Zoom writing and feedback sessions, webinar masterclasses and workshops and lots of member-only opportunities.
- A free place on the Experiments in Flash 6-week course starting in October.
- A free place on the Fantastic Flashing 2 group course in November.
- A free Character Clinic mentoring session with Amanda Saint.
- A free Flash Fiction Fix mentoring session with Amanda Saint.
- A free weekend ticket to the Online Flash Fest.
You’ll need to commit to doing the volunteer role for 12 months from when you start.
If this sounds good to you, then mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 27th August 2021 letting us know why you’d like to do this and what you can bring to our team!