Well done again to all who made it through to the shortlist this month and congratulations to our winners!
First Prize: Why My Big Sister Won ‘The City of The Future’ Art Competition by Mairead Robinson
Why we chose it: A sad and timely, but also hopeful micro
Second Prize: Two Boys, One Book, In Jim Crow’s Jackson by Fiona Dignan
Why we chose it: A poignant and powerful micro
People’s Prize: Two boys, one book, in Jim Crow’s Jackson
(Winner by just one vote this month!)
- Meeting Point by Shrutidhora P Mohor – Read it here
- A Beginner’s Guide To Displacement by Sally Simon – Read it here
- Instruction Manual For ‘Fitting In’ At Your New School by Sarah Barnett – Read it here
- Needs Must by Katie Holloway – Read it here
- Hindsight by Alison Wassail – Read it here
- My Name Was Different by Kate Coghlan – Read it here
- Quiet by Frances Gapper – Read it here
- Cycle Of Love by Julian Cadman – Read it here
Mairead and Fiona win the cash prizes and Fiona also wins feedback on 1000 words.
We have a new workshop on the first Sunday of the month related to this competition for our community members to sharpen up their micro writing skills and get the prompt ahead of it going live on the website the next day. Join the community here.