Once again, we’ve had a great mix of stories to choose from, so well done to all!
We received 108 entries so the winner will receive £216 and a free entry to the annual Retreat West Flash Fiction Prize. The runner-up will get a free entry too, plus both stories will be published in the Flash Fiction section of our website.
The final ten will be published next Monday with public voting opening at the same time.
All readings and votes are anonymous so writers if you are on this longlist, please do not tell anyone which story is yours.
Thank you to all who submitted and congrats if you made the longlist!
- A Sweet Mistake
- A Tinder Kinda Love
- Falling In. Falling Out.
- How to Boil an Egg
- I went wrong at 1
- Ice Cream
- In Their Childhood Garden
- Lunch in Llandudno
- Making Friendship Fly Again
- March Afternoon, Twilight Falling
- Pinhead, Marble, Snooker Ball
- Reality Raw
- Taste the Rainbow
- The flame
- The scream
- There Must Be A Better Word For It
- Time’s up, sugar
- Tin Man
- Unbridled Spirits
- When I Remember Sally September
- When Mummy taught her daughter how to make a Fortune Teller and lived to regret it
Enjoying our Flash Fiction comps? Check out our brand new Flash Fiction Memberships, tailored to suit the flashing enthusiast.