Win a place on our year-long, fully mentored, online Novel Creator Course by pitching us the novel you’ll write during the course. PRIZE VALUE £2200.
The course will teach you all the tools novelists use to create compelling, emotionally resonant novels that readers connect to, whatever genre you’re writing. So far six novels written on this course between 2019 and 2022 have been published!
All you have to do to win the place on the 2024-25 course is write an elevator pitch of up to 40 words that gets us excited about your novel. Get advice on writing elevator pitches here.
Deadline: 31st March 2024
‘Winning the ‘Pitch to Win’ was a big stepping stone for my writing. The course allowed me to learn a lot about character building, structure and plot, while being part of a community that helped the creative process immensely through having a writing buddy, online Q&As and mentoring sessions. It has made me look at writing from all angles, something that will help me immensely in the future.’– Anil Classen
‘Winning the Novel Creator course with my pitch gave me the motivation to persevere with my novel and rewrite it during the year-long course. Regular check-ins, the progressive modular course approach and mentoring sessions kept me on track throughout, and I was ready to pitch to agents right on deadline. I can highly recommend it.’Claire Schön
A fully-mentored place on the Novel Creator Course starting in September 2024. This includes 24/7 access to the online course materials; 1-1 Zoom or phone mentoring sessions; live Zoom Q&A sessions; a detailed editorial report on the draft you write; feedback Zoom session with literary agents and publishers; dedicated course forum; and membership to our friendly, motivational and supportive online community. Prize value £2200
A non-mentored place on the Novel Creator Course starting in September 2024. This includes 24/7 access to the online course materials; live Zoom Q&A sessions; dedicated course forum; and membership to our friendly, motivational and supportive online community. Prize value £1000
Two tickets to our Saturday morning Zoom workshops – your choice which two you attend.
- £10 competition entry only
- £25 with feedback on your novel pitch (if you win one of the prizes you can send a flash fiction up to 350 words for feedback instead)
31st March 2024
- Submit your elevator pitch only through Submittable by 23.59 GMT on the deadline date (sorry – any entries that are over the word count or include other materials will be disqualified and fees will not be returned). Email entries are not accepted.
- International entries are welcome but elevator pitches must be written in English and can be for novels of any genre (except children’s fiction – YA is fine).
- Please use an easy-to-read 12pt or 14pt font and double spacing.
- Name the document you upload with your novel title only.
- Do not include your name on the elevator pitch, the title of your entry or the document you upload as it is judged anonymously – instead submit your short bio separately in the relevant section in Submittable. Any entries that have the author’s name on them will be automatically disqualified – sorry!
- You can enter as many times as you like but each entry must be made separately and the entry fee paid each time.
- If we don’t receive at least 100 entries, then the competition will be cancelled and any submission fees will be refunded.