DEADLINE EXTENDED TO 6TH JUNE 2021
Win a place on our year-long, fully mentored, online Novel Creator Course by pitching us the novel you’ll write during the course. PRIZE VALUE £2550.
The course will teach you all the tools novelists use to create compelling, emotionally resonant novels that readers connect to, whatever genre you’re writing. A student from the 2019 class, John Lutz, has just signed a deal for the novel he wrote with us and you can see what he has to say about the course here.
All you have to do to win the place on the course is write an elevator pitch of up to 25 words that gets us excited about your novel. Get advice on writing elevator pitches here.
A place on the Novel Creator Course starting in September 2021. This includes 24/7 access to the online course materials; 1-1 mentoring sessions; live Zoom Q&A sessions; dedicated course forum; and membership to our friendly, motivational and supportive online community.
The work alone Start Your Novel Course – launching in June 2021 this is a condensed version of the first 4 modules of the Novel Creator Course designed to help you start a new novel, or revise an early draft.
A 30-minute call or Zoom chat with course tutor and award-winning publisher, Amanda Saint, who’ll give you feedback on your pitch and novel idea.
- £10 competition entry only
- £25 with feedback on your novel pitch (if you win one of the prizes you can send a flash fiction up to 350 words for feedback instead)
EXTENDED TO 23.59 (UK time) 6TH JUNE 2021
- Submit your elevator pitch only through Submittable by 23.59 GMT on 6th June 2021 (sorry – any entries that are over the word count or include other materials will be disqualified and fees will not be returned).
- International entries are welcome but elevator pitches must be written in English and can be for novels of any genre (except children’s fiction). Email entries are not accepted.
- Please use 12pt font and double spacing.
- Name the document you upload with your novel title.
- Do not include your name on the elevator pitch, the title of your entry or the document you upload as it is judged anonymously – instead submit your contact details and short bio separately in the cover note section in Submittable. Any entries that have the author’s name on them will be automatically disqualified – sorry!
- You can enter as many times as you like but each entry must be made separately and the entry fee paid each time.
- Longlist, shortlist and winners will be announced in June 2021.