Lots of you saw the light this month! We had 115 entries so first prize is £172 and second prize is £115, with the people’s prize to be decided!
The shortlist will be published on Monday
Thanks so much to everyone who sent us their words. We enjoyed reading them all. Well done to our longlist below. No telling which is yours though!
- Brightness, Long Ago
- Everyday Eulogy
- For Light is Energy and Cannot Be Destroyed, Only Transformed
- Glitter ball
- Hattie Feels Light as a Feather
- I Need More Light Down Here!
- Lights Off
- Light on the Dark Side of the Station Motel
- Main Street Wishes
- Send in the Clowns
- Straight Lines
- Summer in November
- Sunrise on Inkpen Beacon
- There is a Light That Sometimes Goes On
- The Ballad of Oranmore (or When Your Grandmother Knew I was the One)
- The Burden of Every Soul
- The Candlemaker’s Widow
- The Doll at the Top of the Stairs
- Three Bottles of Château Grandpa
- We Follow the Wolf Moon
- Words I Sign to My Five-Year-Old When They Stop Our Power
Good luck everyone! We’ll have the shortlist on Monday.