2019 First Chapter Competition Shortlist
Ta da, we have our shortlist! Thanks again to everyone who submitted and to all of the writers on the longlist for their patience while Louise and I made the decision on which 10 stories would go through to the next round for literary agent, Sarah Hornsley at The Bent Agency, to read.
Congratulations to the following writers – your opening chapters really grabbed us.
- A Pair of Blue Butterflies by Claire Whatley
- Behold The Stars by Imogen Harris
- Caught Kissing Adam Faith by Neil Taylor
- Cold Harbour by Marian Smith
- My Name is Ten by Coleen MacMahon
- Red Fox Hiding by Nicola Keller
- Ruby Sixpence Whistles Up A Storm by Anita Belli
- The Darkest Harbour by Catherine Day
- The Joy Divide by Diane Wilson
- Violet by Zoe Cook
Good luck to all for the next round.
Really well done to all writers that made the longlist too as yours stood out among the hundreds of chapters we received.
Final results in May when the first place writer gets a submission package review from Sarah, and the runner-up from me. Sarah will provide short comment on all the shortlisted chapters too in the announcement blog.
Details of the 2020 competition will be released in the summer…